January is always a busy month in the High School so please take a look at the information below. Have a great week!
9th and 10th graders are taking the MAP tests this week and next. Here is the letter that Dr Hoyle sent in December.
2020-2021 Course Selection Process
On January 20, at 10:55 a.m., all 10th grade students and parents are invited to a presentation on the Grade 11 courses and there will be a time to interact with all teachers to guide the course selection. This will take place in the Auditorium.
On the same day, on January 20, 9th and 11th graders will work on choosing their courses for 2020-2021. This will be with students only and they will bring their option forms back home for parents to review and sign.
On January 27, 8th grade parents and students are invited for a 2020-2021 High School course selection presentation at 2:00 p.m. in the Auditorium
The Discover Ecuador trips are coming up, between February 3-7. There will be a meeting with the trip organisers on Friday, January 31 at 10:55 a.m. for students and parents. Please review the packing lists for each trip that we sent back in December.
Students who are not going DE will be required to come to school and will get involved with different local service-based activities. A form was sent to students to choose a minimum of two activities. Time will also be allocated for students to write their reflections on ManageBac and to do extra work.
- Parque Metropolitano Clean Up: Bus to Metropolitano in the morning and a few hours in the park to help beautify the park.
- IMAGINE: 8:45 a.m. - 11:45 a.m. Monday-Friday. Working in IMAGINE classrooms with children and teachers. (18 maximum committed every morning)
- AC Art and Design Projects: Working on Art projects around AC. Painting, design, building. 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. (Monday, Wednesday and Thursday)
- Hogar Para Sus Niños: 8:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday: Bus to an orphanage in North Quito to work with children. (5 students committed both days)
- Tree Planting in Ilaloa: Working with the Municipo to plant trees. Thursday morning. There is a small cost. ($14 for materials for this day)
For your information, students have the first 10 class days of the semester to make any course changes. Students in grades 9-10 can see Ms. Keyes for any questions and grades 11-12 should see Mr. Wasser and/or Mr. Voeller (for IB Courses). Blue course change forms must be submitted by Monday, January 20.
Mock Exams for our Seniors will be the week of March 9. Students that are registered for an IB Exam will take a “Mock Final” for that course during this week. This is designed to simulate the exam conditions they will face in May and will serve as the Semester 2 Final exam for those courses. Students that are not registered for IB exams will have normal school that week.
High School Principal