This week, there are a variety of opportunities for parents to engage with their children’s learning. It is wonderful to see you on campus, and we look forward to welcoming you!
Here are Elementary specific activities for this week:
- Speak to your child about our gift drive and about contributing to our local community. When you get your food box or toy ready, engage your children in the process and remind them that on Thursday, we will be coming together as a school to put it all together!
- Stop by the elementary office anytime to help sew bags for the gift drive.
- Your children will hear a lot about gratitude this week. Different research studies have shown the relationship between practicing gratitude and happiness, and I invite you to view a short or longer video at this site to learn more and get inspired.
- We will hold a special parent workshop on executive functions “Organized Minds” on Wednesday at 5 p.m. right before the grades 3 to 5 Fall Concert. If you would like to come, please sign-up at this link. We will have translation to Spanish and supervision for children.
- Fall Concert for grades 3 to 5 will take place on Wednesday, November 22 at 6 p.m. All children should arrive in their classrooms by 5:45 p.m.
- Thursday is a half day and our Thanksgiving Celebration! There is no school on Friday.
My profound gratitude this week, goes out to all of the adults in our community. Thank you to each of you for trusting us with your children and for working with us in a sincere partnership so that we can provide the very best environment for all of our students.
Paola de Pereira
Elementary School Principal