Dear High School Parents and Students,
Thank you for your continued effort and commitment to our distance learning programme. Here is our HS newsletter for this week. Be safe!
Meet with Teachers - Schedule Appointments
We will continue to encourage students to set up appointments with teachers. Please do not hesitate to reach out to meet with our teachers.
All of us, students and adults, may be feeling a range of emotions as we continue being at home and working and studying online. It is normal to feel a sense of grief as we miss our regular lives and planned events. It is a challenge to balance relationships, work, parenting, and personal wellbeing. I am happy to meet with you and your children together or individually to talk about these or any other concerns. Please schedule with me here: calendly.com/dkeyesvoeller
Our fantastic ASB has launched some fun challenges to re-activate our house system. You can encourage your student to get involved in them.
Here are the challenges:
1) Cooking Challenge - Will be going on until the end of the school year.
- For every photo you submit of something you cooked/helped cook your house will get 5 points
- Counts as CAS!
2) Fitness Challenge - Started Wednesday, April 15 and a new challenge will be sent every Wednesday.
- 50 points for completing the challenge
- 30 points for participating
3) Trivia - Every Saturday at 10:00 a.m. the time of when the trivia happens will be announced through Instagram, it will always be between 5:00 - 8:00 p.m. that same day.
Will happen using Kahoot and questions will be displayed on an Instagram live through the ASB Instagram account: @academiacotopaxi.asb
- 1st place - 30 points
- 2nd place - 20 points
- 3rd place - 10 points
- Participation - 5 points
4) Trick Shot Challenge - Submissions are currently open and will close on Friday, May 1. (Winners announced on that date)
Will happen more than once if enough people submit videos.
- 1st place - 50 points
- 2nd place - 30 points
- 3rd place - 15 points
- Participation - 5 points
5) Online Scavenger Hunt - Will launch on Friday, April 24. (More info sent on that day)
- The first person who solves all the riddles and puzzles will get 100 points for their house
CAS at Home
Mr. Shulman and Ms. Faidutti have created a google classroom to share ideas of cool CAS experiences that can be done at home. The CAS code is cmtf4ra. Those ideas will contribute to maintaining a healthy and balanced life.
Reminder of Netiquette
It is crucial that, together, we maintain strong and positive ways to interact and to present ourselves online. Please support us so that students respect the following netiquette.
High School Principal