Dear High School Parents and Students,
As I already wrote to the High Schools student body and faculty, I am very proud of everyone’s effort to make this work. As outlined by you, parents, in the survey last week, distance learning is working pretty well (details below). Attendance is top notch and it appears that our adjusted schedule is much better. I have reminded students not to miss out on the opportunity to connect with their teachers one on one in the afternoons.
Time with Mentors
With this new adjusted schedule, students now meet with their mentors on Wednesdays from 12:00 p.m. to 12:30 p.m. Attendance is required, like for another class.
They will be available on Wednesday April 1, on Skyward. Here are the instructions. Please review teachers’ comments, not just grades. Your teachers took time to write meaningful comments with tips and ideas to improve your semester 2 grades, especially given our new circumstances of the distance learning.
For Seniors, about IB
Please find here the latest communication we sent to all seniors and their parents on Monday.
Feedback on Survey
Thank you for providing feedback on our distance learning experience. Here is a snapshot of the trends that we have found.
What is going well?
- Online interaction: Seeing teachers and peers. Zoom works well for most.
- Learning continues.
- Schedule with a fixed routine.
- Student engagement for many students.
- Teacher dedication.
What are our challenges?
- Some internet issues.
- Some students find it hard to remain engaged.
- Managing screen time for children.
- Lack of social interactions.
- Adapting to distance learning from a teaching perspective.
- Regarding assessment and exams.
- Regarding IB students (year 1 and 2).
- Regarding when students are meeting with their teachers.
We are working really hard to learn with you to get better and we will address those. As always, do not hesitate to contact your teachers if you have any doubt.
We miss every single one of our students and we can’t wait to see them. In the meantime, please know that we are only an email or a zoom meeting away. Don’t hesitate to reach out to us. We are here for our students.
Have a great week.
High School Principal