And suddenly, February is upon us and out 2020 Discover Ecuador.
Please note that the seniors will be on their traditional retreat at school.
Students who are not going DE are required to come to school and will get involved with different local service-based activities. A form was sent to students to choose a minimum of two activities. Time will also be allocated for students to write their reflections on ManageBac and to do extra work.
- Parque Metropolitano Clean Up: Bus to Metropolitano Monday morning and a few hours in the park to help beautify the park.
- IMAGINE: 8:45 a.m. - 11:45 a.m. Monday-Friday: Working in IMAGINE classrooms with children and teachers. (18 maximum committed every morning)
- AC Art and Design Projects: Working on Art projects around AC. Painting, design, building. 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday)
- Hogar Para Sus Niños. 8:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. on Tuesday and Thursday: Bus to an orphanage in North Quito to work with children. (5 students committed both days)
- Tree Planting in Ilaloa: Working with the Municipio to plant trees. Thursday morning. There is a small cost ($14 for materials for this day). This might not happen as due to very low sign-ups
- PAE Animal Shelter: An opportunity to help exercise and play with animals awaiting adoption.
Strategic Planning – Be Part of the Process - February 14
On behalf of the Board of Directors I would like to extend an invitation to all parents from IMAGINE and Academia Cotopaxi to participate in a “World Cafe” next Friday, February. 14. This will be an informal meeting of minds of students, faculty and parents to discuss where we are and where we are going as a school and an essential part of our Strategic Planning process.
High School Principal