Please click here to access the February edition of Service Learning: in the Middle!
We have our second MS Social this Friday, February 7. The Social is from 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. in the Gym. Sorry, parents, the Social is only for students :)
Here are a few items for parents:
- Students should arrive by 5:30 p.m. and everyone must be picked up promptly at 7:30 p.m.
- If your child is going home with another family, please let Sheryl know in advance of the Social.
- No MS student is allowed to walk home after the Social.
- The Social is only for AC Middle School students.
- MS students are not allowed to be on campus after school, unless in a supervised activity. For this reason, we will show a supervised movie from 3:15 p.m. - 5:15 p.m., for students who are unable to leave campus. We prefer that students leave and return for the Social, but understand that this is not possible for some families.
Counselor’s Corner - Aubrey Jordan
Over the next month, the PE teachers and I will be co-teaching Health Units at various points with all MS students. We will begin in Grades 6-7 with our unit on Substance Use Prevention, moving on to the Grade 8 unit on Substance Use Prevention and finishing up with the Human Sexuality Unit in Grades 6-7. We covered the Grade 8 Sexuality Unit at the beginning of the school year.
All of our Health Units focus on allowing students to learn the skills needed to make healthy, safe and informed decisions. A letter containing more information will be sent to parents via Skyward. This is also an excellent opportunity to talk with your children about family values, expectations and healthy relationships. Please encourage your children to share with you what they learned in class.
Strategic Planning – Be Part of the Process - February 14
On behalf of the Board of Directors I would like to extend an invitation to all parents from IMAGINE and Academia Cotopaxi to participate in a “World Cafe” next Friday, February. 14. This will be an informal meeting of minds of students, faculty and parents to discuss where we are and where we are going as a school and an essential part of our Strategic Planning process.
With kind regards,
Middle School Principal
(593-2) 382-3270 ext. 2001
"We are responsible for being informed global citizens who understand and affect positive change."