The Middle School is back in action! As first semester is coming to a close, this is a good time for you to check in with your child regarding their school work - assignments, final projects, assessments, etc. We rely on the home-school partnership to ensure that students have the time and place to complete work at home, when needed, and we are very grateful for your support. As always, please direct all class related questions to your child’s teachers.
We look forward to our Drama and Choir performances this Wednesday, at 5:00 p.m. in the Auditorium. I hope to see some of you there!
Counselor’s Corner - Aubrey Jordan
Coming back from a long break, you may find that your child struggles in getting back into a routine, especially when it comes to homework. To help reduce that struggle, here are a few homework tips to keep in mind:
- Designate specific areas for homework, preferably a quiet space in the living or dining room, where you can ensure they are staying on task.
- Turn off TV and come up with agreements regarding cell phone usage. For example, they can only use their cell phone if they need to ask a friend a specific question about an assignment.
- Consider placing a whiteboard in your child’s room to help with planning and managing time as well as providing a visual timeline of when assignments are due and upcoming tests.
- Encourage your child to advocate or reach out for assistance.
- Review your child’s Edmodo assignments. If you need assistance in your child’s Edmodo code, please reach out to their teachers.
- Remember, consistency is a critical factor for success.
Thursday is a half day for students, and a Professional Development afternoon for all faculty and staff. MS students are expected to leave campus at noon on Thursday.
With kind regards,
Middle School Principal
(593-2) 382-3270 ext. 2001
"We are responsible for being informed global citizens who understand and affect positive change."