Our PK students are taking action in our school by influencing older students to be responsible and contribute to a “happier planet.” They have been diving deep into the concept that “people animals and plants rely on each other (their central idea).” On Monday, morning, a PK representative presented their findings and called MS students to action during their division assembly. Congratulations to our young leaders! At home, we ask that you speak to your children about their actions to contribute to a clean school.
There are three drives that are happening during the next weeks:
- We have our annual backpack and school supplies drive (your child’s old backpack will be used by a child in a school with very low income)
- An infant formula drive (A middle school student will be sharing more information about her project with a local orphanage)
- Senior, Paula A.’s clothes drive.
Great opportunities for you to engage in conversations about contributing and appreciation.
- Instrumental Music Concerts: The 4th-12th grade band concert is coming up on Tuesday, May 15th and the 4th-12th orchestra concert is on Thursday, May 17th. The 4th and 5th grade Piano Concert will be on May 22. All concerts will take place at 6 p.m. Parents, please plan for your children to remain for the entire concert so that they are respectful to all musicians and show their appreciation. Please see your emails for clothing requirements and arrival times. All families are welcome to attend these concerts! Paula A. will be present at the entrance and you will be able to exchange clothes for used uniforms. You can also bring any used clothes to donate which Paula will give to a charity.
- MAP testing taking place this week of May 14 for grades 3 - 5.
- Inspiration Projects will be showcased this Friday, May 18 at 2:15 p.m. Parents are welcome to stop by to celebrate personal student inquiry.
- We encourage parents to engage in reading with their children. Here’s a local opportunity at Palacio de Cristal del Centro Cultural Itchimbia where the 12th Story Marathon (XII Maratón del Cuento) will take place on May 19 and 20.
Paola de Pereira