Skip to main content
- If school is not in session, you will receive an SMS and email notifying you that the school is closed and NOT to send your children to school. You can also check for updates on our website (www.cotopaxi.k12.ec) as well as Twitter (@acotopaxi) and Facebook.
- If school is in session, we will follow emergency procedures. Depending on the emergency at hand, students may be dismissed early. We will communicate with you via SMS, website alerts and phone tree (if applicable).
- Students will remain on campus and under our care until you are called to pick up your children or early dismissal in bus.
- In the unlikely event students have to remain on campus for an extended period of time, we have supplies for all our community members.
- If you cannot pick up your child or we cannot reach you, your child will remain under our care until you can be reached or alternate arrangements can be made with your permission.
- We have two doctors on campus and one medical office at IMAGINE Valley as well as a crisis committee (administrators, counselors, security personnel) that have met and are clear about their responsibilities in the event of an emergency.
- If school is not in session but students are using school transportation, we will take into account distance of bus from campus in order take a decision of whether the child will be taken to the school or dropped off at their home. Parents will be notified accordingly.
HOW YOU CAN HELP US BE PREPARED
- Please ensure your emergency information is up to date. You can view your emergency information via Family Access in Skyward or contact Admissions or our support staff in your child’s division.
- If your child takes medication, please ensure that our medical office has a 24 hour supply of the medicine.
- Stay informed and check our website frequently for any updates.